Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KLCI futures end higher

Go down

KLCI futures end higher Empty KLCI futures end higher

Post by Cals Thu 19 Jun 2014, 03:17

KLCI futures end higher
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 18 June 2014 19:20

KUALA LUMPUR (June 18): The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI futures (FKLI) contracts on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives ended higher today, in line the firmer cash market.

Phillip Futures Sdn Bhd Dealer, Tan Sek Wei, said despite closing higher, the spot month futures contracts were still traded at a discount, compared to the underlying FBM KLCI. 

"The trading range was relatively tight, which was just four points difference between intraday high and low. 

"Investors seem to be cautious and reluctant to invest ahead of the outcome of the US Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting, that will be released by tonight," he told Bernama today. 

At close, spot month June 2014 earned half a point to 1,874, July 2014 and September 2014 added one point each to 1,877.5 and 1,872.5 respectively, and December 2015 rose 3.5 points to 1,873.

Turnover slipped to 3,043 lots, from 4,097 lots on Tuesday, while open interest narrowed to 34,392 contracts, from 35,47 contracts yesterday.
The benchmark FBM KLCI ended the day 1.98 points higher at 1,876.58.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down